Übersicht Ressourcen Grafik & Design

Neue Antwort erstellen

Peak7810

Betreff: Anfänger Tut für Maperstellung gesucht

BeitragSo, Mai 16, 2004 19:48
Antworten mit Zitat
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen
Auf der Seite : http://www.psionic.pwp.blueyon...y/int.html

gibts ein wunderbares Tutorial, leider in englischer Sprache.

Ich habe versucht mich da mal durchzuwusseln, leider mache ich ständig Fehler, und bin nach stundenlangem Probieren zu keinem Ergebnis gekommen.

Wäre jemand mal so nett, mir den ganzen Text zu übersetzen, oder mir einen Link zu einer deutschen Anleitung zu geben.

Ich bin zwar des englischen so mittelmässig mächtig, aber bei all dem Fachchinesich blicke ich nicht durch.

Ich bekomme einfach keine ordentliche Map hin, geschweige denn irgendwelche Texturen.

Wäre nett, wenn mir einer von Euch (Ihr könnt das ja alle schon) bei meinen Startschwierigkeiten helfen würde.

Habe selbst kein deutsches Maptutorial gefunden.

Notfalls kann es ja auch eins für ein anderes ähnliches Programm sein.

Peak7810

BeitragMo, Mai 17, 2004 14:49
Antworten mit Zitat
Ich habe da TUT hier mal gepostet.

Wäre nett wenn mir das mal einer begreiflich erklären/übersetzen könnte.

Sicherlich würde das so manchem weiterhelfen....

DAAANKE.........

MAKING AND MAPPING A SIMPLE INTERIOR

CREATE SOME VERTEXS
IN MILKSHAPE I created some vertexs and used CTRL G after creating everyone to snap em to the grid keeping stuff square. Note I'm working in the TOP view, this will give correct export to the B3D format. Another thing is you could scan a sketch or plan and use it as a background to model from, just a thought Smile

CREATE SOME FACES
Now I fill in the vertexs by building faces 1,2,3 as in my other tutorials, and I end up with a solid flat shape resembling the plan view of the rooms.

Extruding
Select all the faces then Extrude upwards (unchecking X,Z to stop sideways movement) you now have some depth but it has no floor, leave the ceiling selected and go to the next step. BUT before you do note the orientation of the level, I'll make an image soon showing how to orient stuff so it imports correctly into Blitz Basic 3D.

DUPLICATE AND SNAP 'N' WELD
Use CTRL D to create a Duplicate, VERTEX MIRROR TOP->BOTTOM to flip it, then MOVE it down to line up with the bottom of the walls as shown. Now Select ALL and regroup, hide all the verts in the tops of the walls in that side view by selecting em and using CTRL H. Now in the top view go around all the verts arounf the floor and walls one by one, snapping and welding, CTRL N then CTRL W. This joins it all together nicely, unhide all with CTRL U.

REVERSE VERTEXS
So now I have a solid set of rooms but all the faces are facing outward, so select all FACES and click FACE->REVERSE VERTEX ORDER to flip all faces inside out, you also need to right click in the 3D window and uncheck DRAW BACKFACES, now as you rotate around you will see only faces that are facing towards you, and faces that face away are invisible, woohoo! I now have an interior Smile

REGROUPING
In this side view select ALL then use SHIFT-RIGHT CLICK DRAG to drag a box over the walls and the floor, leaving only the ceiling selected, regroup and rename to CEILING as shown, now hide it, do the same for the floor, select/regroup/rename/hide and the same for the walls, I now have 3 seperate objects, WALLS, CEILING, FLOOR! CTRL U unhide all Smile

UNWRAP 3D
Save in MILKSHAPE, then open in UNWRAP 3D, this is where I'm gonna texture map it! So right click on FLOOR to bring up the menu, check AUTOHIDE and rightclick again to bring it up again and click SELECT, as you can see the floor is selected, I will just refer to this as select FLOOR, or select WALL from now on.

PLANAR MAPPING
Basically for the floor I want one sided PLANAR mapping, so click TOOLS>UVMAPPING>PLANAR>ONESIDED and choose y-TOP and apply it, as you can see I get a top view in the UV mappin space, Use EDIT>SCALE>CORNER FREE (I assigned it to "S" for quick use) and scale it to fill the square. The floor is now getting the whole image mapped onto it....WHAT IMAGE? see next......

SIMPLE TEXTURE
I made a simple 256x256 texture with a gradient and a white strip just to illustrate how the mapping looks in the next few steps.

MATERIAL
I added a new material and chose BITMAP and found my gradient image, I then selected the FLOOR and right clicked on the gradient material in the righthand sidebar and chose ASSIGN, as you can see the floor now has this texture stretched over the whole floor!!!! the next step shows how to TILE it.

TILING
Now I selected the FLOOR again, and clicked EDIT>SCALE>ARBITRARY and I get the options box pop up as shown. A lot of people dont realise that if you scale the UV's larger than the projection square you get Tiling as shown, X2 gives twice as big, press it a couple more times and apply, I now have this UV mapping tiled over the FLOOR, I'll change the texture later...

THE CEILING
MAKE sure you have already rightclicked the preview window and UNchecked SHOW>SOLID BACKFACES. I moved down below so the floor disappears and the ceiling is Visible, click CEILING in the righthand sidebar and assign the texture to it, I used EDIT>SCALE>ARBITRARY again to tile it like the FLOOR.

OK NOW THE HARD PART
Select the WALLS, Assign the texture to em, and click TOOLS>UV MAPPING>FACE as shown, the next step shows the details......

FACE MAPPING
Set it to SEPERATE BY NORMAL, DEGREES=1 (experiment with this Smile), OVERLAPPING and you should see something like the above, all the wall faces are mapped in a line over the top of each other....

SCALE em UP
Now CORNERFREESCALE em up to fit the whole UV space/texture map and as you can see all the walls in the 3D preview have the texture running around em! The heights OK, but the width is getting stretched along the long walls, see next step for horizontal tiling.....

HORIZONTAL TILING
click SCALE ARBITRARY again and set U=2(horizontal) and V=1(vertical) and apply and you can see it is twice as wide but the height has stayed the same, we now have tiling, check the next step for a close up after APPLYING it a few more times!!!!

THE TILING
This texture doesn't show it that well but you can see the tiling on the walls, follow the red lines Smile Now I can look at ASSIGNING some new textures.

MORE TEXTURES
I made a simple checker to show this point. Click WALLS (so it knows what your trying to select) and CLICK the 3d preview window to make sure its ACTIVE, now press "S" to toggle FACE SELECTION MODE, using SHIFT to add to face selections and CTRL to remove from slections. I SELECTED some faces as shown and assigned a check to em just to show you how it works really!

PROPER TEXTURES
OK, I added a couple of new materials and chose wall.jpg and floor.jpg, I right click WALLS and clicked SELECT to select all the walls, I assigned the wall texture, I then did the same for the floor with the FLOOR texture, as you can see its starting to look like something Smile Its a good time now to have a good look over the model to se if all the mapping is OK, if its wrong, press "S" select the faces and UV map with planar...this bit is hard to explain but you'll figure it out Smile

ASSIGNING AGAIN
Now I added a few other materials and I can select walls/floors,ceiling FACES, assign textures easily. This is a simple model but the idea could be used on far more complex geometry, building a level in stages and joining it together in Milkshape later, adding scenery elements made seperately, dummy OBJECTS that you search and replace in BLITZ BASIC 3D (or whatever you use) for lights,doors, enemies, effects etc etc...........

UPSIDE DOWN UV's
Sometimes you get UV's that are upside down, press "S" to select the faces, then click FLIP VERTICALLY as shown, check the next step to see it flipped......

FLIPPED
As you can see its flipped to match the others around it (if thats what you want) you can also flip horizontally, rotate, scale, move etc!!!! This allows quite a bit of tweaking and variations.

INSIDE
I switched on SHOW SOLID FACES again and zoomed inside it and I can move around inside to check how it looks while still in UNWRAP 3D!!!!! Save it Often as well as you go through just in case!!!! Smile

FINISHED
SOLID FACES are still on but I right clicked in the 3d view and clicked HIDE>CEILING so it doesn't block the view and heres the finished simple level!!!!!! Also pressing "V" toggles between normal shading and Vertex shading which is usally brighter! SAVE it and you can open it up in Milkshape and export to B3D format (if thats what your using) Hope you guys found this useful, as I learn more I'll write more Smile Cya's
Psionic

Copyright 2001 PSIONIC
PSIONIC 3D DESIGN

[/img]

Peak7810

BeitragMo, Mai 17, 2004 16:55
Antworten mit Zitat
GIBTS DENN HIER ECHT NIEMANDEN, DER MIR DIE MAPERSTELLUNG ERKLÄREN KANN. (ich habs mit Milkshape 3D und Lithunwrap versucht)

DAS FORUM STROTZT DOCH NUR SO VOR LEVELERSTELLERN.

KOMMT SCHON, IHR HABT JA AUCH MAL ANGEFANGEN.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

BladeRunner

BeitragMo, Mai 17, 2004 17:03
Antworten mit Zitat
Auch ein tripleposting wird dich nicht wesentlich weiterbringen. Nimmst Du dich Dictionaire und legst du los, hast Du dich Übersetzung.
Zu Diensten, Bürger.
Intel T2300, 2.5GB DDR 533, Mobility Radeon X1600 Win XP Home SP3
Intel T8400, 4GB DDR3, Nvidia GF9700M GTS Win 7/64
B3D BMax MaxGUI

Stolzer Gewinner des BAC#48, #52 & #92

Peak7810

BeitragMo, Mai 17, 2004 19:36
Antworten mit Zitat
Danke, obwohl mir eine deutsche Anleitung natürlich lieber gewesen wäre.

Gibts noch ein anderes Übersetzungstool.

Dictionaire: übersetzt es komplette sätze, oder nur einzelne Wörter.

Denn davon habe ich schon eins.

Aber so spezifische Sachen lassen sich nicht so leicht übersetzen.

Oder gibt es noch irgendwo eine Anleitung, welche es einfacher erklärt???

BladeRunner

BeitragDi, Mai 18, 2004 7:35
Antworten mit Zitat
*hust*
ein dictionaire ist ein Wörterbuch. wenn du (wie du sagst) mittelmäßig Englisch kannst, empfehle ich den Ponds (einsprachig englisch, d.h. alle Begriffe werden auf Englisch erklärt, sehr umfangreich aber auch etwas teurer).
Vielleicht etwas mühsamer, aber du lernst auch mehr (sowohl Sprache als auch Modeln).
Abgesehen davon find ich das Tut (und auch die ganze Seite von dem es stammt) sehr interessant- und sooo evil ist das Englisch gar nicht (mein E. ist auch nit der Hammer, aber mit ein bissl nachschlagen geht das schon).

Wünsche Dir viel Erfolg.
Zu Diensten, Bürger.
B3D BMax MaxGUI

Jan_

Ehemaliger Admin

BeitragDi, Mai 18, 2004 10:50
Antworten mit Zitat
ähm, die meißten hier erstellen die Levels nicht mit Milkshape3D!

hauptsächlich wird Maplet, Q3 Radiat, S3D benutzt!
darum wird bestimmt wenig interresse an einen Tut für Levels in Milkshape bestehen.
between angels and insects

Dreamora

BeitragDi, Mai 18, 2004 12:40
Antworten mit Zitat
oder Hammer / CS die beide auch relativ
ähnlich arbeiten

-jc-

BeitragDi, Mai 18, 2004 13:22
Antworten mit Zitat
rob hat auch einige deutschsprachige milkshape-tutorials gelistet:

http://www.robsite.de/tutorials.php?tut=milkshape

BladeRunner

BeitragDi, Mai 18, 2004 13:24
Antworten mit Zitat
...übersetz es ruhig, denn Vielseitigkeit ist nie verkehrt Wink
Zu Diensten, Bürger.
B3D BMax MaxGUI

Peak7810

BeitragDi, Mai 18, 2004 16:00
Antworten mit Zitat
Okay, wenn hier die wenigsten mit Milkshape mappen, dann würde ich mich auch über Anfänger Tuts über andere Progis freuen.

Nur möchte ich nicht anfangen, mit einer UnrealEngine, oder so (Q3Radiant usw.) zu mappen.

Es sollte schon ein standalone Programm sein.

Für rege Beteiligung an diesem Thread bedanke ich mich schon mal.

Dreamora

BeitragDi, Mai 18, 2004 16:16
Antworten mit Zitat
Die einzigen Leveltools die Tutorials haben sind Hammer ( Halflife ), GTK ( Quake3 ) und UnrealEd, da dies nunma auch die 3 Engines sind wo eine gewaltige Modder Community besteht.

Bei allem anderen siehts mit Tuts fürs Level erstellen duster aus.
Wozu auch? Zum level erstellen im allgemeinen braucht man ja keine Tuts, das is modelieren oder halt ein Programm benutzen.

wenn du also etwas allgemein übers level erstellen wissen willst würde ich

www.planetquake.com
www.planethalflife.com

und dergleichen empfehlen. der rest is dann einarbeiten in das gewünschte programm

Peak7810

BeitragDi, Mai 18, 2004 16:39
Antworten mit Zitat
Die theoretischen Grundlagen sind mir schon vertraut, mir gings halt nur um Tuts zu den Progis auf deutsch.

Trotzdem Danke an alle, die mir hier versucht haben zu helfen.

Jan_

Ehemaliger Admin

BeitragMi, Mai 19, 2004 9:57
Antworten mit Zitat
das was du willst, findest du in Mappy (bei B3D updates auf blitzbasic.com) oder in S3D für geringfügige 21€ (glaube ich)
ansonsten weiß ich auch nicht.
für Mappy gibt es tuts und bei S3D kannste ST fragen!
between angels and insects

Neue Antwort erstellen

Übersicht Ressourcen Grafik & Design

Gehe zu: